Have you heard of cinnamon applesauce ornaments? They’re fun to make for gifts or just for a Christmas craft for kids. This cinnamon ornament recipe is simple and great for little hands to create at home or with friends.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Author: The Typical Mom
3/4 c applesauce
1 3/4 c cinnamon ground
1. preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a bowl mix together applesauce and cinnamon until it forms a clay-like dough. Roll this out between 2 sheets of wax paper until it is 1/2″ thick.
3. Cut using cookie cutters, lay them on your cookie sheet.
4. Then use a straw or skewer to poke a hole at the top of each one all the way through so you can put a ribbon to hang them when they’re cooked.
5. Put into the oven for 2.5 hours. Remove and place each one on a cooling rack.
6. Allow them to dry for 24-48 hours, turning them over every 12 hours or so.
7. Once completely dry add a ribbon inside the hole and tie so you can hang from a tree.